Thursday 9 June 2011

A Single Mother's Life...

So, (I love to start a sentence with that simple little word - it is not meant to be sarcastic but so as in I have something to tell you) I have been working on my story for a couple of years now.  I have rewritten parts, edited, hated it and loved it at the same time.  I have thought of publishing it and wondered if I would really want anyone to read it or is it just supposed to have been my therapy.  I am not big into journalling but writing and sharing my thoughts and what I believe and have heard from God is more my thing.  I did journal here and there but when I would go read it and look back it was so depressing I tore out the pages and burnt them.  This story I have not torn apart nor have I burnt it. 

I really believe it is a story that God has wanted me to write and possibly share with others.  I am not sure about the sharing part yet because whenever you write your own story you start to feel really vulnerable.  The "famous ones" out there are all writing their biographies.  They are taking all of the skeletons out of the closet - sex, drugs and rock n' roll and it becomes a big tell all.  Of course, people are purchasing them because isn't it great to hear your idols dark secrets.  I am no idol and my dark secrets are not quite so sinister.  But, God has given me a story to tell and who knows maybe one day it will be out there in print with one of the great names I have made up for myself.  I mean Kim Hildebrand is a very boring name.  I have really liked the name Scarlett Leigh but now I have told you so I will have to go with one of the other drama queen type names that I have chosen.

So, if you are ever shopping at Chapters one day and you see this book that might have a cover in hot pink and black and be called ... being a Single Mom by this author who has a very cool name that might be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment